Here for Life
They say freedom's only possible when there's nothing left to lose. But what, in the end, is the real cost of living?
In a city framed by capital and loss, ten unruly Londoners navigate their wild and wayward way, travelling on their own terms towards a co-existence far stronger than 'community'. On reclaimed land they find themselves on the right side of history, caught between two train tracks, the present tense and future hopes. They question who has stolen what from whom, and how things might be fixed, in an often contradictory rite of passage. Finding solidarity in resistance, they demand the right to go on.
An uncommon story told on common ground, Here for Life dances with a spirited grace and urgency, hovering between fiction and fact, attention and act.
Sometimes we simply need to hear our stories told by someone else...
Official Selection Locarno Film Festival 2019 - Filmmakers of the Present Competition - World premiere
- Type of film
- Running Time
- 90 min
- Andrea Luka Zimmerman, Adrian Jackson 1st Feature
- The Artangel Trust
- Executive Producer
- James Lingwood, Michael Morris and Cressida Day
- Grant Gee
- Director of Photography
- Taina Galis, Andrea Luka Zimmerman
- Production Designer
- Fred Meller
- Marie Tueje
- Richard Honeyghan aka MILO
- Principal Cast
- Jo Galbraith, Jake Goode, Richard Honeyghan, Kamby Kamara, Errol McGlashan, Patrick Onione, Ben Smithies, Floria Twyman, Jono Whitty and Sasha Winslow
- Production Note
- Devised by the performers, Andrea Luka Zimmerman, Adrian Jackson with Therese Henningsen
Please let us know if we need to make any amendments to this Film entry mailing us directly at
Last updated 28th January 2020